Celebrating the Bayport-Blue Point Chamber of Commerce’s 30th anniversary of their beloved and popular St. Patrick’s Parade required a grand marshal with strong roots to the …
Celebrating the Bayport-Blue Point Chamber of Commerce’s 30th anniversary of their beloved and popular St. Patrick’s Parade required a grand marshal with strong roots to the parade’s tradition.
The chamber found that in Matt McGuire. Here are some facts about the 2020 St. Pat’s Parade grand marshal:
1. Retired NYPD officer who served as a sergeant in Brooklyn (Coney Island) and lieutenant in Queens (Queens Village).
2. Started with the BBP Little League in 2004 as a coach for his young children and is currently on the board of directors for the organization that has more than 500 kids enrolled.
3. Fell in love with Blue Point in 1994 after taking a drive out to the area. Before McGuire moved into his home in the summer of 1994, he and his wife attended the fourth annual St. Pat’s Parade and were welcomed with open arms by local attendees.
4. Was completely surprised and honored to be asked to be grand marshal. Former president Lenore Ringer-Prezioso and current treasurer Seth Needelman asked McGuire about taking on the prestigious role, fittingly, at a Little League game.
5. Is never leaving Blue Point. According to McGuire, “What more could you ask for? It’s a perfect South Shore town where neighbors are always there for you in the good times and the bad.”
The BBP Chamber will be celebrating McGuire’s post this Friday, Jan. 31, at the Mansion at West Sayville.